[RULE] Re: editing the RULE ISO

Ingo Lantschner ingo at vum.at
Tue May 20 12:48:12 EEST 2003

> mkisofs -A Slinky -V  Slinky-v0.3.92 -J -L -N -r -T -v -x ./lost+found
> / -b images/slinky-v0.3.92.img -c boot.cat -o slinky.iso newiso

Just want to say thanks for this valuable tip. I tried it with the
Slinky.iso 0.3.93 (added a very complex directory and changed a file)
and it worked fine.

Since I had to do it on my W2K-Workstation (I have no CD-Writer on the
Slinky:BOX) the mounting of an ISO was not possible. As workaround I
extracted the Slinky-ISO with winimage to an NTFS-Partition.
(http://www.winimage.com/).

The ISO-build worked fine with mkisofs inside of cygwin.
Ingo Lantschner

	Verein zur Unterstuetzung von Menschen
	Marchettigasse 5/11, A-1060 Wien
	Tel (+43-1) 595 5766