[RULE] Conectiva

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Thu May 22 21:00:13 EEST 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 08:56:26 at 08:56:26AM -0400, Jason Bechtel  jasonbechtel at care2.com  wrote:
> How long would it take your average experienced
> Linux systems administrator to adapt RULE for
> Conectiva?
>
> There is a local project that needs to be done by
> the end of this month (9 days!) to load Linux
> onto 50-80 old Pentium class (75MHz, 32MB, 2GB)
> PCs destined for South America.  They need to
> have Spanish support in as many areas as possible
> and we think Conectiva is the way to go.  It is
> RPM-based, so I know it should be *possible*.
> How long would it take to get reasonable package
> lists, though?  Or would it be easier to just
> create one special-purpose package list for this
> project (since we'll probably be putting the same
> thing on every machine)?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

I don't know conectiva, so I'll let Michael or anybody else give a
definite answer. Some random considerations to stimulate the
discussion:

The latest announce on http://distro.conectiva.com/projetos/24/ is
almost two years old, which version of that distro are we talking
about?

What are its normal install requirements?

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

The whole world is a tuxedo and you are a pair of brown shoes.
                -- George Gobel