[RULE] Re: Slinky 0.3.9 on Highscreen P233, 64MB

Ingo Lantschner ingo at vum.at
Sat May 24 23:31:00 EEST 2003

Hi Michael,
your assumption, that this motherboard has a problem with TinyX seems to
have been right. Just let me summarize what happened:
* Installing with Slinky was ok up to the textbased login
* startx did not work
* strange errormessages appeared
* changing the videoadapter (hardware) did not change the errors

> To use the stock XFree86 server, simply install, reboot, login as root,
> execute /root/scripts/restoreX
> Should be painless for the most part. Please let me know how it goes
> when you get a chance.
After executing the above script (restoreX) I logged in as user, typed
startx and voila: had a icewm-desktop. (Used now Slinky 0.3.93)

Thanks! Ingo.

Ingo Lantschner

	Verein zur Unterstuetzung von Menschen
	Marchettigasse 5/11, A-1060 Wien