[RULE] Distributing RULE

Ingo Lantschner ingo at vum.at
Sun Jun 1 20:38:50 EEST 2003

> Speaking of the ISO and size..
> If anyone needs a CD of the ISO, and can't download and burn it, I can
> provide and mail one. I'll provide the media and postage, as long as it
> doesn't get unreasonable.
Hmh, what do you think about building a "yellow-mail-network" for the
Slinky-CD-ROMs?

Just imagine, someone in Binga (small city in Zimbabwe, where the
Toga.Online project we contributed to, is located) needs the Rule-ISO.
Sending the CD by yellomail will not be possible. Sending the
postage&media-costs back is almost impossible (ever tried to send 3€
with Western Union :-)) Sending the media by DHL or UPS (so called
"DHL-streaming") is a "bit" expensive. But if we plan ahead it may be
possible to find in the course of time people in various places who have
a CDRW-drive and both the Slinky-and the RH-ISOs. These people should be
listed on the Rule-HP and they will find a distribution-method fitting
into their local infrastructure (so called donkey-, lorry-, bicycle,
sport-shoe-, or what ever streaming :-))

Bye, Ingo.
Ingo Lantschner

	Verein zur Unterstuetzung von Menschen
	Marchettigasse 5/11, A-1060 Wien