[RULE] How to format plain text for RULE website

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Mon Jun 2 15:06:17 EEST 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 12:27:49 at 12:27:49PM +0200, C David Rigby  cdrigby at 9online.fr  wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> 	Fortuitous indeed was the timing of your post to the mailing list,
> since I am just preparing to re-submit some installation reports using
> the web-form you wrote to me about on 31.05.03.  Should we use this text
> format for the installation reports themselves, which are, in my case,
> text files?

For people using the website right now it doesn't really matter, as
the current structure simply links *to* install reports, doesn't embed
them in PHP code. As far as RULE management/development are concerned,
if the report contains something general that could find place in the
install guide or other docs, then it does make sense to use that
formatting since the beginning. Remember that one of its advantages is
that it remains perfectly readable even as it is, without further
processing.

Conclusion: it's not necessary, but if you can, try to format it like
that anyway: if nothing else, you'll be able to tell me where my
instructions must be improved.

   TIA,

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Da quando amo, riesco ad indossare i miei anni: non sono piu' vecchia
   --   Sarah Cristina Ceccarelli