[RULE] New install report available: futura

C David Rigby cdrigby at 9online.fr
Mon Jun 2 19:48:46 EEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti at inwind.it>
To: "RULE list" <rule-list at nongnu.org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 3:06 PM
Subject: [RULE] New install report available: futura

> look at the most recent entry (labeled "futura") in
>
>      http://www.rule-project.org/en/test/
>
> Comments on issues raised are welcome. Personally, when it comes to
> kernel compilation support, I'm sceptic: as useful as it would be,
> most of the machines looking for RULE would take days to do it...
>
> What do you think (both of this and the other input provided?)
>
> Thanks to C.D. Rigbly for a very comprehensive install report!
>
>        Ciao,
> Marco
> --

You've got a good point.  I have the luxury of having more than one machine
at my disposal, so hours/days/weeks to compile a kernel that would improve
performance and/or minimize RAM usage seems worthwhile.  I can start the
compile, turn off the monitor, and go work on another system while the
compile cranks through.  For someone with less resources, or erratic
electricity supply, then the best option would be a kernel that would not
require customizing, but which could address their needs via loadable module
support.

CDR