[RULE] Building custom Slinky ISO's.... Yourself!

Jason Bechtel jasonbechtel at care2.com
Tue Jun 3 16:04:55 EEST 2003

YES!!!  This is perfect!  This is the solution to
the problem.  If you can componentize the custom
ISO build, that would also allow for modular
build options.  One could select any number of
kernel types to be included, and any special
packages (RULE rpms) to be installed in lieu of
standard RH pkgs, then become root (su -) and
start a script which does all the building an
what-not...  perfect!

Obviously, there'd still be pre-build ISOs for
those who just want to use the default and get
started...  But this is perfect for those with
special needs.  And let's face it, with old
hardware there are a lot of special needs
cases...  :-)

Thanks for all your hard work!
Jason