[RULE] Serial cable install

Mike Cook mikecook at pipeline.com
Wed Jun 11 00:52:02 EEST 2003

I've had good luck with removing the HD and installing it in another system
(you will need an adapter if you use a desktop).  On a Thinkpad this is
easier said than done as the HD is a pain to remove/install.  Just make
sure you keep an eye on the lid latch and how it goes together.  You will
need a very minimal install with that small of a HD.  You might want to try
a mini distribution such as muLinux http://mulinux.sunsite.dk/.  It
installs under dos on a dos partition and can be cloned to a ext2
partition.  Also it works well on 486's with 8M of mem. and fits on 1-6
floppys depending on what you choose to install.  If you use mu it is
relatively painless to install via floppy.  Hope this helps.
Mike Cook