[RULE] Changing the Rule-CD-Medium

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Thu Jun 12 02:10:08 EEST 2003

Ingo Lantschner wrote:

> Out from the always growing handbook:
> ---
> Q: The Rule-ISO is a multisession image. So I changed a file on the
> CD-ROM with some Software on a Windows PC (f.e Nero) and burned an
> other session on it. Using this CD does not work.
>
> A: ls -l /mnt/cdrom/install/stage2 shows, that some pathes are
> truncated. I guess this is due to the not existing
> Rockridge-Extensions on Windows.
> So do not do that!

First, I think there is software available to create CDs in both
Rockridge and Joliet extensions (plus the thing used by MacOS). At least
I have some CDs which do have all three extensions.

Second, the regular mount is capable of understanding Joliet extensions
as well. Not sure abut the busybox mount, but maybe Joliet can be added?

> Can you please confirm that?
> Would it be possible under Linux (or with mkisofs/cdrecord) to
> replace a file on a multisession cdrom-medium?

Sorry, I have no idea, I never tried.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/