[RULE] Slinky v0.39.5 shrike network_packages (and related)

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Sat Jun 21 16:36:38 EEST 2003

On Thursday 19 June 2003 6:14 pm, Jason Bechtel wrote:
> I wouldn't have removed m4.  I know it's highly
> associated with sendmail, but it's a general
> purpose macro language parser that other
> applications could be using.  If it's not too
> big, I'd just leave it in.
>
> Jason

Hello All

I will follow your advice, of course, Jason. It was evident going in that each
package individually is rather small. The object of the exercise was really
twofold: to learn more about the individual components and to keep a
particular install as simple as possible.

Having said that, however, here is the rub (at the moment.) Something is
broken because although incoming mail works fine, outgoing (the worst
possible scenario) "seems" to go alright (because kmail reports it sent
successfully) it doesn't bounce back later, either.

Not having sendmail the smtp option was chosen pushed to the same smtp server
of the isp used on every box. This is being posted from another box on my lan
right now.

Is it worth pursuing this or should a proper install be done to close the
subject?

Richard