[RULE] Re: Install Report (slinky 3.95 with Red Hat variant)

Jason Bechtel jasonbechtel at care2.com
Mon Jul 7 05:34:17 EEST 2003

Ray,

I think you should try to use the Lorma i686
packages as much as possible and I see no reason
why you shouldn't be able to use them all.  The
only thing it changes is that things won't run on
anything less than a 686-compatible processor,
but this was a given when you chose Lorma Linux
to begin with.  These packages should run faster
than i586 or i386 packages because they are
compiled to take advantage of the architecture
improvements over those older processors.
Another reason is simply that you don't know what
Lorma might have changed in those packages and it
would be better if you just all packages from one
source.

You should be able to just do a global search and
replace on the package lists to change them to 686:

cat pkglist | sed -e 's/386/686/g' > pkglist.6
mv pkglist.6 pkglist

Jason