[RULE] Full screen video on laptop

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Tue Jul 8 01:23:34 EEST 2003

Justin Bowen wrote:

> At the time I installed RH8 on my laptop (Toshiba 4030CDT), the
> screen didn't work so I was using an external monitor, keyboard, &
> mouse.  I've since replaced the screen and went to use the laptop
> directly.  There is a problem with the video, however.  It's not full
> screen.  There are 3 video modes:  LCD, LCD & external, or external
> only.  It only displays full screen video when in the "external only"
> mode.  Any suggestions on this issue?

LCD displays usually have only a single resolution available. This
means, if you choose a resolution below the displays's resolution, the
resukting image on the display will not be full-screen. Regular monitors
however can adjust their resolution, so they are always full-screen.
Check the resolution of your different modes and set it to your
display's resolution.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/