[RULE] Project for distributing Linux on older machines?

Mike Cook mikecook at pipeline.com
Sat Aug 9 00:03:50 EEST 2003

I am with Freegeek Michiana <http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/>, in South
Bend, IN USA (not to be confused with the original Freegeek
<http://www.freegeek.org/> in Portland, OR USA with whom we are affiliated
but independent from).  We currently use VectorLinux 3.2
<http://www.vectorlinux.com>, a great lightweight distro based on
Slackware, on our Freeboxes.  We have been looking for alternatives that
would be easy for novice Linux users to maintain and add software to.  I
haven't tried Rule for a while.but would like to give it another try,  We
use Red Hat on our LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project
<http://www.ltsp.org> servers in our Freelabs (computer centers located in
low income neighborhoods at neighborhood centers or churches).  We aren't
that big of a project yet but we do have delusions of grandeur.

Mike Cook