[RULE] How do I get the kernel installed???

King_Henree@yahoo.com king_henree at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 09:19:16 EEST 2003

This system is an Intel 486.  The FTP seems to be
working, but now I have run into another problem.  I
keep getting the following error:

eth0: infinite loop in interrupt, status 2001

I have a 3Com 3c509tp card using EISA that uses the
3c509.o module.  I have searched to see if anyone else
has experienced this problem and the only thing that
may be relevant is that isapnp support is enabled in
the kernel which may cause an error like this.  How is
the kernel for installation configured?  The following
link suggests it should be set like:

http://lists.insecure.org/linux-kernel/2001/Feb/4305.html

#
# Plug and Play configuration
#
CONFIG_PNP=y
# CONFIG_ISAPNP is not set

Although, when that link was written kernel 2.4.1 was
the kernel with the problem, it still may be relevant.
 Are there any suggestions as to how to fix this?

TIA.

--- Michael Fratoni <mfratoni at tuxfan.homeip.net>
wrote:

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com