[RULE] Re: State of the RULE and Slinky-Files wanted

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Sun Aug 24 12:14:57 EEST 2003

> September is also the month when the vum:BOXes based on RULE will be
> delivered by Ingo and the other VUM fellows.
Just a short update:
The zambia:project developes like planed - seems as if we do not had any
problems there yet - surprising. The Hardware is already in place and
our expert will follow in a few days. One of his first steps will be to
ruleify the Hardware. Well and then we will see, how the people in Kabwe
(name of town) will like it ...

congo:deux (the second project) is more in trouble, we are out of money
due to *real* hardwareproblems - the tires of the van, which brings the
hardware (approx 3000 kg of PCs and Monitors) to Kinshasa has broken
twice. But we are still fighting ... Our projectcoordinator is already
in Kinshasa, I will follow according to our latest plan at the end of
September.

This gives me some time to swith the custom-Slinky-CD (so called
vum:BOX) to french and make some additions. I already wrote to Michael
offlist, seems as if he is on holiday, because I would need the
development-files he once offered for Slinky 0.3.95. I would like to
have them for the latest version (0.3.97 I think) - does anyone else
have them?!? (For clearification: Michael has a tar-file with all the
scripts and sources to build the Slinky-IMGs and the ISO with just a few
commands - I'd like to have this tarball.)

Bye for today, Ingo.

P.S: If you like to see the picture and the video form the departure in
Vienna:
http://www.vum.at/cd2/cdav/index.html
http://www.vum.at/cd2/congo2avienne.ram (streaming)
http://www.vum.at/cd2/congo2avienne.rm (downlaod)