[RULE] Kernel loading problems (CD-install)

C David Rigby cdrigby at 9online.fr
Tue Sep 2 20:51:24 EEST 2003

Dan, et. al.,
	Well, I've been enjoying myself playing with different kernels and the
slinky_development tarball to give Dan some things to throw at his balky
PC to try to complete a RULE installation.  But all good things often
need to take a pause, and I am leaving tomorrow for 2+ weeks of
vacation.

	Rather than use up the bandwidth here, the details and the files I
created are here:

http://flatrat.freeshell.org/RULE/

The text file ABOUT-THIS-STUFF.txt contains a description of the files
and some suggestions for using them to try to help Dan with his 486.  It
includes a section on how to install an alternate kernel as well.

I warn you now that it is pretty rough, with lots of "to do" sections,
and probably other glaring errors!  in particular, I know nothing about
creating RPM packages.

Have fun and I'll check back in a couple of weeks...

CDRigby
cdrigby at 9online.fr