[RULE] Re: Feedback on Slinky 0.3.97

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Wed Sep 3 14:50:03 EEST 2003

Michael Fratoni wrote:

>>1. Using the installation from the ISO, you are still asked by the
>>script to insert the CD with the stage2-files. This is not necesary
>>since this disk is already in place.
>

> Yes, but it did auto eject the cdrom when it was done, right? ;)
no, it's not autoejected.

> I'll look at changing this when I can, but for now, consider it a quirk.
> Time is exceptionally limited at present.
It is definitly not so important, we can live with it.

>>2. If you type yes when asked to make a boot-disk (the RH
>>emergencydisk) and decide later to press Ctrl-C you get an endless
>>message "Bummer, could not run '/scripts/run_installer': No such file
>>..." on both consoles. This leads in the end to a damaged installation,
>>which has to be re-installed!!
>
> This, I'll look into  first chance I get.
ok, thanks!

> after "rpm -ivh <according rpm>" cupsd starts w/o errors
>
> What package did you install? I believe that krb5-libs supplies this
> library. It should have been installed as part of the printing packages.
> (krb5-libs-1.2.7-10.i386.rpm)
yes it is this package but no it is *not* installed when I select
printing packages.

May be, that I got the wrong tarball? (an old one?) md5sum gives me:
4fe83b85c4ddf311174f78ecd69bc63f  slinky_devel-0.3.97.tar.gz

So long, hope your team will make it once to the campionsleague :-) - Ingo.