[RULE] Fedora replaces Red Hat Linux

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Sep 24 10:17:24 EEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 21:11:23 at 09:11:23PM +0200, Martin Stricker  shugal at gmx.de  wrote:
> "M. Fioretti" wrote:
>
> > I'll have to change my signature to "Fedora for low memory" though,
> > and am still trying to figure out if it sounds right...
>
> Mine will stay as it is. Everyone recognizes Red Hat, no one Fedora.
> From a marketing point of view, I think the renaming is very bad.

I think it makes a lot of sense because it conveys exactly what they
want: we will give the general direction to this, because we still
want something broadly tested to build RHEL on, but it has no RH in
the name because we don't want to sell it or support anything about
it, as most of our income already comes from other products anyway.

Whether that is good or bad for general users is another issue of
course.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Furious activity is no substitute for understanding. --  H.H. Williams