[RULE] Re: "RULE for Debian"

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Oct 17 22:02:33 EEST 2003

Paul,

I am including the RULE mailing list in this reply because another
member suggested RULE on Debian just an hour ago. Please subscribe to
the list, even temporarily, if you want (as I hope) reply there too.

I'll add when I have time :-( a link to WCLP on the RULE web pages,
and hope you can do the same for RULE.

In general, the bloat is not in the distro. The fact that to make
lightweight stuff both Red Hat and Debian users had to start a
sub-project speaks volumes about this.

Practically speaking, what we could and should share, without nobody
giving up his favourite project, are:

1) testing and configuration of kdrive, see the RULE page on it
2) same as above for the kernel proper
3) compile time options and tricks to build deb or RPM packages of
   useful packages (abiword, mutt, balsa, whatever) smaller and with
   less dependencies.
4) anything else I forgot, and oh, yeah, documentation...

I look forward to hear from you!

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Reality is for those who lack imagination