[RULE] Bloated software: solutions?

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sat Oct 18 00:02:07 EEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 22:31:23 at 10:31:23PM +0200, DervishD  raul at pleyades.net  wrote:

> After that, go for the kernel. But believe me: you won't need to
> touch any line of code there. The best you can do is making sure you
> have a sensible configuration, putting into modules as much as you
> can and make a lean kernel with many features.

Precisely. That's why my highest ambition, as far as RULE and the
Linux kernel are concerned, is to have somebody telling us how to
tweak the Red Hat kernel RPM spec file to achieve just what you say.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

A dream will always triumph over reality, once it is given the chance.
                                                Stanislaw Lem