[RULE] Raul's (and others) boot managers

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sat Oct 18 08:51:30 EEST 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 20:32:21 at 08:32:21PM +0200, DervishD  raul at pleyades.net  wrote:

> Well, I wrote a long time ago a similar MBR for Linux, although I
> did in GNU as syntax (AT&T syntax). But after a year of using it I
> wrote another one: a Linux loader that fits entirely in the MBR.
[snip]
> The gzipped source is just 5.0KiB, would hurt anyone posting it to
> the list?

Raul,

the best thing to do is to write a screenful or two or documentation,
and sent it to me with the code, so I will make a page for it on the
RULE web site. We do want to advertise all the lean and mean software
around, even if it is not actually used in our boot and iso images.

Ditto for gag or any other utilities (those who joined the list
recently may want to look at slinkydetect by Michael Fratoni,
http://www.rule-project.org/en/sw/slinkydetect.php as a typical
example of this).

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Give up vows and dogmas, and fixed things, and you may ... come to
think a blow bad, because it hurts, and not because it humiliates.
You may come to think murder wrong, because it is violent, and not
because it is unjust.  -- G. K. Chesterton.  "The Ball and the Cross"