[RULE] Important: Fedora may offer kernel settings for RULE

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Tue Oct 21 18:01:27 EEST 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 09:34:16 at 09:34:16AM -0500, James Miller (office)  jamtat at mailsnare.net  wrote:

> This all sounds very promising, Marco.  It's a bit over my head,
> though (I'm even more clueless than you when it comes to kernel
> config/compiling).  But here's one possibility: the developer of
> Basiclinux provides a custom kernel, carefully compiled for 486
> compatibility (and small size).  That's one of the few "customized"
> features of BL - the rest come straight from Slack 7.1.  This is a
> 2.2.16 kernel, btw.  He does provide a config file for that kernel
> at his website.  Would that help out here?  Let me know, and I'll
> provide the URL if needed.

Yes, please, good idea. I will ask some broadband enabled friend to
download the SPRM of the latest kernel for Red Hat 9, estract that
config file from there (**), and we can all compare the two. It may be
kind of comparing apples with oranges (ie 2.2 vs 2.4), but it can't
hurt, we'll surely learn something anyway.

(**) if somebody has it, just place it online somewhere and post the
URL, please

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.
                                  Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986)