[RULE] Reflections on a Debianized RULE (or RULE'ized Debian?)

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Mon Oct 27 22:10:15 EET 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 17:06:39 at 05:06:39PM +0000, James Miller  jamtat at mailsnare.net  wrote:

> Well, maybe all this just got easier?  Maybe miniconda or even
> slinky can be made to work just as well for Debian as it does for
> RH/Fedora?  News item from
> http://arstechnica.com/archive/news/1067056799.html

Well, this is interesting indeed. Thanks for the link.

I will leave comments on doing "slinky for debian" to Michael
(consider however that this he now works mainly on slinky, not on the
anaconda spin-off).

In any case this is good also because it means that making packages
for both distributions may become easier, hence allowing more sharing
of info on how to install efficient packages.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
the future.