[RULE] More config questions from Congo

DervishD raul at pleyades.net
Sat Nov 8 01:21:35 EET 2003

    Hi Markus :)

 * M. Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it> dixit:

> Some of the machines have serial mouses like Logitech or MS-Mouse
> 2.0A. They work after some configuration steps with
> redhat-config-mouse for the console, but not with tinyX. (MS Mouse
> 2.1A does!) After consulting "man Xvesa" and the "man Xkdrive" i only
> found the options -2button and -3button to tell tinyX anything about
> mice.

    This can be a '/dev/' problem. For serial mice you need to make
the appropriate link from /dev/mouse to /dev/ttyS? (probably ttyS0).
Anyway I don't know how to tell tinyX that it should open /dev/mouse
instead /dev/psaux or /dev/input/mice, etc...

> another question: the rh9 kernel should support fb-mode i think. why
> can't i just relink /usr/X11R6/X to /usr/X11R6/Xfbdevice? (see
> startx-error.txt)

    Seeing the error, the problem seems to be that the kernel has not
framebuffer support. See /var/log/messages at the time of the error
for seeing if that is available as a module but it cannot be loaded.

> Error opening /dev/fb0
> : No such device

    Silly question: have you the '/dev/fb0' entry? Maybe the kernel
has support but /dev/fb0 doesn't exist :?

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736