cd-writing w/ multisessions (was: Re: [RULE] mice + cd-writing)

Ingo Lantschner ingo at vum.at
Fri Dec 12 23:13:19 EET 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Markus Nicolussi wrote:

> I'm so free and ask here the CD-writing experienced of you another question.
> I'm trying to create a multi session CD but my burner is driving me crazy. I
> think i did everything well, but cdrecord -msinfo gives every time error
> message if i want to read the start and end adress of the first session
> (multi-error.txt)
seems as if this file is empty - pls. send again

> i have a
> YAMAHA  ' 'CRW8424S        ' '1.0d' Removable CD-ROM
> after creating the first iso file i
> cdrecord -v -multi -eject dev=0,3,0 home_full.iso
> and to get the data needed for the second session i try
> cdrecord -msinfo dev=0,3,0

Just a few ideas:

1. May be the version of cdrecord is outdated;
latest Version on freshmeat: 2.00.3
rpmfind also shows: cdrtools-2.01a14-1.i386.rpm
cdrecord -version on your system should be: Cdrecord 2.0
(i686-pc-linux-gnu)

2. Seems as if RH 9 produces a default /etc/cdrecord.conf - may be, this
is wrong.

Hope this gives at least new hope - bye, Ingo.
--
 Tel +43-1-5955766
 Mobil +43-664-1438418