[RULE] modprobe: Can't locate module ppp-compress-21

DervishD raul at pleyades.net
Mon Dec 29 12:59:00 EET 2003

    Hi Ingo :)

 * Ingo Lantschner <ingo.lists at vum.at> dixit:
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ppp-compress-21
> Does this mean, that the link over ppp0 does not compress?

    Not exactly, it means that you lack the appropriate alias in your
/etc/modules.conf so the appropriate compession routines cannot be
linked. As a result, the link won't compress :(

> Could this reduce the troughput/upload-/downloadspeed?

    It will, probably. TCP/IP packets are very kind when we talk
about compressión, so you will have a reduced throughput :(

    I haven't used PPP for years, so I don't remember which alias you
must use for ppp-compress-21, take a look at the appropriate HOWTO
and the kernel documentation. If you can't, drop me a note and I will
look it for you.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736