[RULE] Abiword 2

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Wed Jan 7 12:03:41 EET 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Marco Fioretti wrote:

> A couple of months ago I tried to do the very same thing: I wanted to
> re-package in RPM format Abiword 2 for RULE, ie with the smallest
> possible set of dependencies.

> You might want to temporarily subscribe to the abiword developers
> list and re-ask for help as I did: the *real* obstacle is not this or
> that library, but, once more, the awareness that really lightweight
> desktop sw is really needed and should be developed/made much easier to
> use.

Ok, Marco, thanks for this information. Fortunatly I am already subscribed
to that list in order to see how to translate Abiword to Lingala, a
language spoken on both sides of the Congoriver. Beside of the vumBOX we
want to create an other Rule-based thing the "Liboke ya Congo" (Box of
Congo) with iceWM and Abiword in Lingala. I will now write on that
Abidev-list that we would be very happy if Abiword could be installed w/o
threequarter of the Gnome-monster ;-) May be that we get a little help
from them.

Good move 4u - Ingo.

--
 Tel +43-1-5955766