[RULE] Missing window managers in slinky/vumBOX?

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Thu Feb 19 16:27:20 EET 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:03:20 +0100, Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it>
wrote:

> still about the install from vumBOX Cd: only the fluxbox window manager
> is installed. Oddly, icewm-l10n-1.2.7-5RULE.i386.rpm and
> icewm-themes-1.2.7-5RULE.i386.rpm are installed, but not the actual wm,
> icewm-1.2.7-5RULE.i386.rpm

hrm, strange, this email is written on a vum:BOX with iceWM, and there are
hundrets of PCs with iceWM running in Kinshasa - never heard about a
missing WM?! May be you check the install-log in /root/scripts to see if
you either forgot to say "yes" or there was a problem with copying the
files.

Btw. there were some copys of CD-ROMs which had a problem in the ISO - may
be, some file was not found ...
Here is the md5 checksum of working CDs

202f3459311a56376256522ac28fd0b7  vumbox-0.3.97b.iso
9b32b3f4ec03f1a4add4e7813d579fe4  slinky-v0.3.97b-vumbox.iso

Ah, an btw. the sources from Michael I used are on the CD:
	vumadd/rule

Hope this helps, Ingo.