[RULE] Proposal/Vision: The Rule Desktop

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Feb 20 02:05:54 EET 2004

At 16:34 2/19/2004, you wrote:
>My general "vision", if you will, about what RULE must become is:

For the record, I find no argument with that vision and fully support it.

>My opinion is that RULE proper should be the foundation to build all
>such projects, and provide by itself some kind of english desktop for
>students/one man businesses (Ingo, is this what you called
>"Rule-desktop" made from vumBOX?). Starting from there, VUM, and all
>other groups could build their semiautomatic "ISO customization
>process"

Also fully agreed.

>The lack of the first two things, docs and website, is mainly my
>fault. I got an offer from a guy to help with PHP and MySQL, and I'll
>contact him immediately.

I need a little help getting my PHP code to link to MySQL, but I can help
you with the docs and the website in some way. Just help me straighten out
two or three little issues with understanding my CSS file and my PHP/MySQL
code and I'll be *more* than delighted to help with the docs. I've even
learned DocBook XML recently and started producing HOWTO documents in CVS,
precisely so that I could help RULE (remember I offered some time ago?) and
the Linux Documentation Project.

I am also rounding up 10 low-end computers for a small public school here
(the kids pay $11 per year for schooling), and this would be a wonderful
way for me to deploy RULE in the next 30-45 days.

And finally, please note that I would be happy to offer more space on my
server if you want to host the *entire* repository there, including ISO
images et al. Lots of good bandwidth for this server, and not being fully
utilized at the time. Happy to donate some to a good cause.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com