[RULE] Again on the website (out of town tomorrow)

Eugene Wong disposable_eugene at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:10:45 EET 2004

>From: Vegard Munthe <vegard at copyleft.no>
>Subject: Re: [RULE] Again on the website (out of town tomorrow)
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:18:10 +0100 (CET)

>My suggestion is to make mirroring as simple as possible. Use wget to
>mirror daily, both site and downloadarea. But to do this we need the
>following:
>
>1) Relative links (as mentioned) except on links to forms.
>2) HTTP headerinformation on updates.
>
>I have currently fixed the first problem with gsed, i.e. I travese the
>site and change all absolute links to rule-project.org, and Marco set the
>last updated to the current time with PHP to fix the second problem.

Hi Vego.

Did you use the base tag? W3C has some documentation
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#h-12.4
that might make the job a little easier. You would only have to change
the base tag's value then the rest of the links could be made relative
to the main directory. Maybe I misunderstand your task.

--
Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong