[RULE] Site Map, was Re:Call to arms....

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Feb 27 09:15:28 EET 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 22:31:59 PM -0800, Eugene Wong  disposable_eugene at hotmail.com  wrote:

> Regarding the threaded tree site map, I just thought of something. It
> shouldn't be hard to find a tree program that should be able to spell
> things out.

As a matter of fact this already exists. The current php page is a
separate thing that can easily be merged into whatever will come
next. It does use a MySQL database to store URL and other stuff
however.

The reason was to be able eventually to do selective display (only
pages newer than X, only pages in a certain section....) and add
categories/placeholders in the map (as in "all titles in red are
needed but still not written. Please contribute to them if you can).

So, if we keep MySQL (as we need a SW/test PC database anyway, don't
we), we already have a dynamic site map ready at no cost. No need to
do it again. Sorry if I forgot to make this clear.  If the same
functionality is already present in other CMS solution is OK, of
course.

Again, all php source code is available on request.
Ciao,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

According to one popular definition, craziness is doing the same thing
over and over but expecting different results.