[RULE] does Slinky detect do ISA?

drose drose at dtlm.homelinux.net
Sun Feb 29 09:19:18 EET 2004

I've got, like, 50 mixed cards.

A random chipset sample includes:

rtl8019AS
3com 8350
AT/LANTIC
Compex RL2k-988PA
SMC 83C690LJP
INTEL 201969-221

And my favourite, a
UL0020 332AA23240400

wtf? Perhaps http://www.ul0020.com/support ?

What I'm after is NOT drivers, or network support.  All I need is some
software that runs around the system and figures out that there's a card
plugged into the bus, operating on 0x300, IRQ 12 or whatever.

What I've always (ie ten years) wondered is do you need to know what the
device is (ie load a driver) in order to accurately determine the
interrupt? Win9x can say "It's a 3Com xyz123 card on interrupt 0x300",
but I still have to play "guess and reboot" to get the IRQ figured out.

Any pointers to hardware detection would in fact be useful.