[RULE] Structure of slinky filesystem/bin folder

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sat Mar 20 16:35:23 EET 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 15:12:38 PM +0100, io  m.fioretti at inwind.it  wrote:
> -rw-rw-r--    1 marco    marco      348540 Dec 11  2002 chgrp
> -rw-rw-r--    1 marco    marco      348540 Dec 11  2002 chmod
> -rw-rw-r--    1 marco    marco      348540 Dec 11  2002 chown
>
> and so on. Maybe in the original structure there was only busybox, and
> lots of links to it with different names?

Must be like that, looking at www.busybox.net/screenshot.html:

" BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a link to
busybox for each function they wish to use, and BusyBox will act like
whatever it was invoked as."

Now the question is (if) how to recreate such links on the website,
and in any related tarball, to decrease download size. This *is* less
important than setting the CMS system up of course. Once we have a
structure to quickly document what we are doing it becomes much easier
for everybody to contribute and change things.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering
iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.