[RULE] Re: Updated RULE RedHat 9

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Mar 26 18:25:17 EET 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 10:49:41 AM +0100, C David Rigby
 cdrigby at 9online.fr  wrote:
> Marco et. al.,

> Per your restrictions of possible file size for the new installer CD
> due to the mechanism by which you can transport the files, and
> following my previous idea (yesterday) of changing my immediate goal
> to focus on updating a RULE installation of RH9 from the CDs, I have
> done the following:

David,

thanks for the packaging!

So far, I've been able only to download and use the latest slinky
0.3.96 iso (due to unexpected ISP problems here....). I have forwarded
your message to the guy in charge of the meeting tomorrow, however.
They have ADSL, and could be able to download everything anyway. With
any luck, we will test all the updates live tomorrow.

In parallel, I have managed to:

   install  slinky 0.3.96 on my P133 32 MHz laptop (~433 MB taken)
   work out all the dependencies to add KOffice 1.2 (from vanilla RH9
	disks)
   update the RULE presentation with KOffice

In other words, tomorrow:

   I'll make the initial speech on giving new life to new hardware....
	from slides off a modern office suite running in 32 MB!

   update that laptop, and other PCs, with standard procedures from
   your latest ISOs!

Looking good...

I'll report in detail about slinky-0.3.96 install, and some other
quirks next week.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system,
there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless,
that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to
consume.
						Noam Chomsky