[RULE] LTSP 4 on RULE

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Mar 31 13:59:00 EEST 2004

> For completeness the error I get:
> ~/.xsession-errors:
>    X connection to ws008.ltsp:0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>    IceWM: using /home/u1/.icewm for private configuration files
>    Xlib: connection to "ws008.ltsp:0.0" refused by server
>    Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> Thanks in advance, Ingo.

Ingo,

I'd check if:
1)    xdm exists on those boxes. On my RH9 here it is:/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm
2)   it is compatible with tinyX, if you are using that
3)   if access permissions to X are set. See this, epsecially the xhost part, copied
      from a Google search result:

>Sounds like you are trying to access X as a non-authorised user.
>The only time I ever see those lines is when I have done "su" in a shell and
then attempt to run a >program.
>If this is the problem, then make sure you are the correct user (i.e. the one
you originally did startx >with or logged in on a graphical login manager with)
>If not, then try "xhost +" first.

4) Other random suggestions, all from a Google search on "Xlib: no protocol
specified".

         Did you give a name (/etc/hostname???) to your computer ?
         What is in your .xsession file ?

HTH,