[RULE] Very basic question

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sat Apr 17 00:14:29 EEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 19:47:19 PM -0400, Ingo L.  ingo.lists at vum.at  wrote:

> Pls. allow me two very basic questions:
>
> 1. I was just browsing the Fedora Page. But I am still not shure, if
> there is a stable version of Fedora out now. What do they mean with
> "Core 1"?

Fedora Core (FC) has replaced Red Hat Linux. There are associated
repositories called Fedora extra or something, hence, AFAICT, the
"core" attribute. Version 1 is out now. Version 2 should be released
end of this month

> 2. Is there a Slinky for Fedora already existing?

No, nobody had time to do it yet. Martin Stricker said he would try if
he found the time. Hopefully we will restart with FC 2.

HTH,

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans
                                                 (John Lennon)