[RULE] Testing of new website started. Contributors wanted

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Mon Apr 19 22:36:15 EEST 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 12:09:29 PM +0300, Richard Kweskin  rkwesk at hellug.gr  wrote:
> Hi Marco
>
> What strikes me most on the new page you have made is the
> simplicity. I so much prefer things simple!
>
> Putting myself in a first timer's shoes, I imagine (1) download it
> (2) info on how to make it go.
>
> All the rest I would put on a seperate intro page with a link from
> the first with a brief but clear label.

Well, right now the page is simple because I haven't added content to
most sections, so they don't show up in the left sidebar :-)

The structure I'd like to give is the one in the initial message. I
will try, however, to not make the second level headings show in the
top page. What do you think?

Right now, I am investigating how to insert all the pages we have
today in the SPIP database with a script: once I have succeeded in
that, we'll have a complete bunch of mostly badly formatted article:
at that point we can divide the jobs (coeditors wanted!) to fix them
up working in parallel.

Another thing I want to do, thinking ahead to when the pages
unavoidably will contain more than today, is how to not show some
extra information: for example, I don't see much added value in
knowing who wrote an article, or in having all the other articles from
the same author showing in a box: this is not a columnists forum,
people don't come to us to read all and only the writings from Marco
or anybody else.

What do you think?

ciao,

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship.
					      Ralph Nader