[RULE] P1-120, 16MB RAM, 1GB HD?

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at hellug.gr
Fri May 7 16:51:30 EEST 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004 19:52:43 +1000
Phil Rhoades <phil at prix.pricom.com.au> wrote:

> People,
>
> I thought I would go through this exercise on known hardware
> - a P4-1.8GHz machine previously running RH9.
>
> I have produced the slinky install CD, everything goes OK until
> the part when have to do the hard disk partition - after I respond
> with an ENTER for hda I get a message that it isn't a valid HD.

Try responding with "hda" when asked which hard disk you wish to partition.

> I have tried partitioning before starting the install but no difference.

 If the disk is already partitioned for this install (i.e. at least one partition which you don't mind formatting and one other for swap) then you may respond with the enter-key when asked with which partitioning tool, fdisk or cfdisk. But the enter-key alone is not an accepted response for "which disk".

> If I go to F2, fdisk /dev/hda does not work either . .

Exactly what error message(s) did this invoke? The more detail you can provide the more likely someone can help.