[RULE] Preparing RULE for FC2

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed May 12 17:55:12 EEST 2004

At 22:21 5/10/2004, M. Fioretti wrote:
>About RULE for Fedora Core 2: everybody who has started to play with
>this (Rodolfo, Martin, David, are you here?) please post here all you
>founded: package lists, slinky settings, whatever.

As Martin said: here yes, FC2 zero, slinky zero. Sorry!

I'll need to get up to speed on all this "soon" but I fear that it will
easily be June before I can get my head above water. At least now I do have
one system which will move to FC2, another that will dual-boot XP and FC2,
and one that will likely be a good testing box for RULE. Now, finding the
time to do something with them... that's another basket of bread entirely.

>My intention would be to split/extend the current RULE install guide
>in two documents: an actual install guide for end users, and a
>developers guide explaining how slinky works, how to customize it, how
>to build package lists.... What do you think?

Fantastic idea.

>Last but not least. Vegard, and everybody else willing to mirror the
>new website: please try to mirror the test one, and let me know any
>problem you find with it.

Allow me to suggest just a few requirements for mirrors (feel free to take
the suggestion or not):

         1. Mirror the entire site, with downloads and everything

         2. Synchronize at least once a day, preferably more (if no changes
have been made, the extra syncs will carry no traffic and thus causes no
additional load)

         3. Subscribe to this list or to another just for site and mirror
admins. I suggest a second list (which will have *very* low traffic) so
that hosting-specific subjects can be discussed without bothering the rest
of this community, but whatever you all prefer is fine. The point is to
have the mirror admins be reachable.

         4. Register the URL and a contact email address with Marco so it
gets put on the website and is easily accessible.

If these few points are followed, a lot of the problems inherent in
mirroring a site will go away, and really they are all extremely easy to do.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com