[RULE] Small hardware donations

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at hellug.gr
Sat May 15 16:16:13 EEST 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004 08:41:30 +0200
C David Rigby <cdrigby at 9online.fr> wrote:

> Oops - missed this question.  NICs and sound cards.
>
> Paul Nijjar wrote:
>
> > 	Another question: are there other smallish components we should
> > stockpile?
> >

> > - Paul

Here in Greece 486's get advertised at 50-100 euro and 8MB 72 pin simms at 10-20 euro each! Another possible item might be graphics cards. Most of my isa based ones have less than 500 KB of memory. The treasured ones (only two of these) are pci based with 2 MB of memory - you get the picture.

As long as there is space and willingness on the part of those stockpiling such items I encourage the effort. Perhaps shipping costs can be saved if combined with someone travelling?

Richard