[RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Sun May 23 07:44:20 EEST 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 13:41:07 PM -0600, bugler at teuton.org
 bugler at teuton.org  wrote:

> Marco,
>
> No, I'm fairly certain that FC2 is not the problem. I haven't even
> gotten that far, yet... otherwise I would have posted to the FC2
> list.

Maybe one of the biggest rationales/advantages of the RULE approach
(not another distribution, just a new method to install RH/Fedora,
etc...) is that, using the *same* code/drivers already proven in other
contexts, we can "cheat" and ask directly there, in existing, much
more populated, forums (fora????).

When I'm in similar problems, I usually go to a suitable mailing list
(in your case I would subscribe temporarily to fedora-users and
linux-laptops) and say something like "Hi, I'm using this kernel and
these drivers inside RULE scripts, and have this problems. Since you
use the *same* stuff, do you have a clue of what could be the fix..."

Sorry I can't be of more help. I frankly confess that PCMCIA is still
one of the darkest, wizardish Linux areas for me. Hopefully other RULE
members will be of more direct help.

Of course, wherever you eventually find the fix, don't forget to post
it here!

Good luck,

Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a
vacuum.                                        -- Arthur C. Clarke