[RULE] Xircom NIC: xirc2ps_cs.o doesn't load.

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Sun May 23 23:49:53 EEST 2004

bugler at teuton.org wrote:

> Is there anything I can do to help?  It was suggested that I help by
> trying slinky with FC2... but since that won't be possible -- how can
> I help to make it happen?

As I said before, two things need to be done. They can be done
individually, if necessary.

- Create a package list for FC2: Take a look on the existing package
  lists for the RHL distros and make an update. It's neccessary to
  test if the new list will install without (important) dependency
  failures. Please provide some documentation of the procedure!

- Update rpm on the slinky install floppy. This may be a bit tricky,
  you'll have to closely look at Michael's creation scripts and try if
  it works. If you are successful, please let us know, and please
  provide some documentation of the procedure! We will need to check
  if the new rpm will also work with the old RHL versions (I do not
  want to drop support for at least RHL7.3 yet!), and if a distro
  installed by the new rpm will still work with the old rpm that gets
  installed. Otherwise, we'll need to provide the new rpm from the
  Fedora Legacy Project - or keep the old slinky for the RHL versions
  supported while going with a separate slinky version (0.4.*) for FC.

If both steps are done we'll need to test if it works for FC2, or if
additional steps need to be performed first.

> It's OK... I didn't really have my heart set on FC2.  I was a little
> concerned even that FC2 might be too taxing on the system.

I don't think that'll be a problem. A standard slinky install gives you
only a *base* install, even less that unselecting everything in the
RHL/Fedora installer.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/