[RULE] PCMCIA problems in Red Hat?

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Sat May 29 22:06:22 EEST 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 12:24:29 PM -0600, bugler at teuton.org
 bugler at teuton.org  wrote:

> When fully installed, the PCMCIA network card was not working.  I
> understand this to be typical of RedHat / Fedora installs.

I must say that I have my old laptop with RH9, and the same problem:
it is the one thing that prevents this RH/RULE machine from still
being fully useable, although 7 years old.

About one year ago, I got some suggestions from C.D. Rigby, but, alas,
I've lost them. What I have noticed however is that:

with RH9 by slinky, when I insert PCMCIA card nothing happens.

with Damn Small Linux or Slax live cds, inserting the same card gives
one beep only, then totally freezes the laptop.

Any idea of what to test/change/whatever to make it work? I admit
without shame that PCMCIA is still one of the darkest Linux areas to
me, so don't hesitate to explain what to do as if I were 6 years
old...

Gabriel, what did you mean exactly by "not working"?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

A good man is intelligent, and a bad man is also an idiot. Moral and
intellectual characteristics go together - Jorge Luis Borges