[RULE] Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Sun May 30 21:02:14 EEST 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004, M. Fioretti wrote:

> I installed RH9 via slinky 0.3.96 on a P150 with an ATI graphic
> card (identified as ATI Mach 64 VT (264VT)).
>
> When I startx, I get the error message in the subject (4 times)
> then this:
>
> fatal server error:
> no screens found
> XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
>      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining
>
> suggestions? (tinyx parameters, modelines, whatever)?

	I don't know how to fix this in slinky, but when I get a "no
screens found" message it usually means:
	- I am trying to use a resolution that is too high for my video
card and/or monitor to handle
	- I am using a color depth that is too high.

	I would start by setting the colour depth to 8 bits (i.e. 256
colours) with a screen resolution of 640x480. However, I don't know
exactly how to do this with the installer and/or modifying the XF86Config
file.

- Paul