[RULE] PCMCIA problems in Red Hat?

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Sun May 30 22:17:07 EEST 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 09:51:42 AM +0200, C David Rigby
 cdrigby at 9online.fr  wrote:

> modprobe pcmcia
> modprobe yenta_socket
> modprobe yenta_socket pci=biosirq

Here, the two commands above keep giving, at startup or from the
command line:

PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin a of device 00:03:0. Please try
using pci=biosirq

Same for pin B and then
ds: no socket drivers loaded!

modprobe yenta_socket says:

init_module: no such device. Hint: insmod error can be caused by
incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
insmod /liub/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.o
failed

all with:

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Our inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our attention
from serious things. They are but improved means to an unimproved end,
an end which it was already but too easy to arrive at; as railroads
lead to Boston or New York. We are in great haste to construct a
magnetic telegraph from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be,
have nothing important to communicate. -- H. D. Thoreau, 1854