[RULE] Laptop that didn't work.

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Jun 7 01:01:55 EEST 2004

At 07:16 6/6/2004, Da Worm wrote:
>It may be, but the combinations of problems with this machine just made me
>give up after a week.
>No CDRom, no built in network, I have no PCMCIA network cards (well, I do,
>but no dongles)...  Pretty

Two thoughts. First, I was able to get a dongle for my mom's 3Com PC Card
network adapter for (I think) $15. It was cheaper than getting another
card, so worth looking into. Also, you might consider removing the hard
drive and installing it on some other machine. Might work if you want that
laptop badly enough.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz