[RULE] New download area for RULE

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Tue Jun 8 20:40:57 EEST 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 12:18:24 PM -0400, Paul Nijjar
 pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca  wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> > Please have a look at http://www.rule-project.org/download/
> >
> > I just divided it into: (this as basis for the corresponding webpage):
> >
> >  RedHat_9/        (or, to be added, RH8, RH7, Feddora Core_n...) RPMs
> > 		  or anything else which is only valid/useable for
> > 		  that specific distro version
> 	If the intent is to store a bunch of RPMs here,

Not only RPMs: config scripts, config files, whatever that, for any
reason, works for only one distro. Even because when we grow short of
space, or tired to support one version, we close/remove that folder
and that's it. This was the rationale to make it that way.

>This will reduce clutter and make it clearer how to find what
> they should be looking for

My intention is to make clear (asap) what is where from the "download"
web section", I wasn't planning to let people directly wander around
those folder if they don't really want to. What do you think?

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

"To turn $100 into $110 is work. To turn $100 million into $110
million is inevitable"                           -- Edgar Bronfman

Rule-list at rule-project.org