FWD: Re: [RULE] RULE Project Website Help

Ruth A. Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Tue Jun 8 13:29:40 EEST 2004

Marco,

I decided to respond to this email rather than the one in the other
thread.

I probably did not make myself very clear, but what I proposed to do
(initially, and perhaps only) was create a web page listing the two
suggestions I made (klipper and AbiWord) and including (or paraphrasing)
your responses, so that others who might want to make the same
suggestion can see the status.  (Maybe on your "Frequently Answered
Questions" page?)

Although I might some day consider providing more general documentation,
I did not have that in mind at this time.

I'm glad that Henry has stepped forward to volunteer for your more
general needs!

M. Fioretti wrote:
> A partial explanation of what you have noticed:
>
> broken links, as well as crappy formatting, depend from the fact that
> the pages have been automatically imported in the current site from the
> previous one, which had different layout and different formatting
> rules.

I probably noticed some similar things, among them that on Internet
Explorer 5, on the page
http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=8, many times the
last word of a paragraph is repeated.  As I don't see that in the
source, I assume it has something to do with the formatting / rendering
on IE.

Also on that page, though, I would propose that the sentence:

"It must be actively developed, compiled with modern, secure libraries,
with as little as possible known security holes."

Be reworded to:

"It must be actively developed, compiled with modern, secure libraries,
with as few as  known security holes as possible."

I think it is a little more clear this way, and maybe matches modern
american idiomatic usage.

(On a wiki, of course, I would probably simply have made the change.)

I will pay attention to the instructions you issue to Henry, as I may
jump in to lend a hand anyway.

Re the C2 Wiki: I thought maybe you might consider that more well
organized than most wikis.  BTW, TWiki (http://www.twiki.org) (which I
use for WikiLearn) has quite a few additional features, including
authorization and revision control.

Randy Kramer