[RULE] Re: RULE Project Website Help

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Tue Jun 8 22:08:50 EEST 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 06:29:40 AM -0400, Ruth A. Kramer
 rhkramer at fast.net  wrote:

> Marco,
>
> I decided to respond to this email rather than the one in the other
> thread.
>
> I probably did not make myself very clear, but what I proposed to do
> (initially, and perhaps only) was create a web page listing the two
> suggestions I made (klipper and AbiWord) and including (or paraphrasing)
> your responses, so that others who might want to make the same
> suggestion can see the status.  (Maybe on your "Frequently Answered
> Questions" page?)

Adding to the FAQ "How can I get package X included in RULE?", which
reuses my answers and points to another page listing already asked for
programs is really a good idea, thanks. Approved.

> Although I might some day consider providing more general
> documentation, I did not have that in mind at this time.

OK, no problem, you'll always be welcome!

> > broken links, as well as crappy formatting, depend from the fact that
> > the pages have been automatically imported in the current site from the
> > previous one, which had different layout and different formatting
> > rules.
>
> I probably noticed some similar things, among them that on Internet
> Explorer 5, on the page
> http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=8,

That page is badly broken, yes, even in Firefox text is messed up. As
far as wording goes, I had forgotten its existence... I "wrote" it
more than two years ago pasting together several mail messages. OK, to
be rewritten...

Thanks for your input. Please do continue to browse around and find
errors.

Later,
	Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Excuse me for being greedy, but I want freedom and good government.
Both a flourishing economy and a well-cared-for earth. A society that
is diverse and communal.. that offers both privacy and accountability.
One that can afford a big conscience, along with lots of neat toys.
                             -- David Brin -- The Transparent Society

Rule-list at rule-project.org