[RULE] New download area for RULE

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Jun 8 22:04:37 EEST 2004

At 07:01 6/8/2004, M. Fioretti wrote:
>I just divided it into: (this as basis for the corresponding webpage):
>
>  Generic/         source code of scripts/programs not distro-specific
>  ISO/             'nuff said. Many will just want to go there...
>  Mirror/          contains last tarball of old website, will contain
>                   new ones of the current one, made via cron
>  RedHat_9/        (or, to be added, RH8, RH7, Feddora Core_n...) RPMs
>                   or anything else which is only valid/useable for
>                   that specific distro version
>  SLINKY/          the RULE installer: source code, img files...
>  rule-tool/       a backup leftover to be deleted, ignore it
>  slideshow/        just what it says. Naming scheme:
>                            rule_$YEAR_$EVENT_$LANGUAGE
>
>To be added:
>  MINICONDA:     source code etc of the first RULE installer
>  DOCS:          other documentation...
>  SOMETHING else?

I would keep all paths and directory names in lowercase. Hell to find stuff
when you don't know if you should type "RedHat", "Redhat", etc. "redhat"
solves this neatly. "ISO" is also more easily found as "iso" in most FTP
trees I've seen. Same for the rest.

I also suggest that "mirror" be renamed... not intuitive. Even "backups"
would be more communicative. Remember that people who run mirror sites are
probably going to rsync the entire thing, not just that one directory.

Other than that, looks good.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz